Pages

Standout Reads

Among the standouts of this year's reads so far are "The Casual Vacancy," by J.K. Rowling, "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry," by Rachel Joyce, "Tell the Wolves I'm Home," by Carol Rifka Brunt, and "Tenth of December," short stories, by George Saunders.

Hearing good things about "And the Mountains Echoed," by Khaled Hosseini, and "The Silver Star," by Jeannette Walls. They are TBR. Also Rowling's "The Cuckoo's Calling."

Love Kate Atkinson, so I really wanted to like her latest, "Life After Life." Could not stick with it. Maybe it was my attention span. Will try again in a year.

Now enjoying David Foster Wallace's "Infinite Jest."  Bit of a challenge, but I slog on.

As always, taking suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Jeannette Walls "The Glass Castle" so I'm put these on my reading list.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete