Pages

Loved Nevada, Loved the Cowboy Poetry

The inaugural Genoa Cowboy Poetry and Music Festival, set in the Carson Valley of Nevada, charmed the socks off me. Or it would have if the weather had been warm enough to go without socks. It was a little chilly. But that took nothing away from the delightful event filled with music, songwriting, poetry, good food, fun performances, lots of art and endless friendliness. Great people. Very picturesque little town. Plus I stayed in a nearby condo next to a bird/wildlife sanctuary, where I spent hours walking and thinking and looking and listening.

The photo is the view from my bedroom.

More pictures coming in the next couple of days.

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture! It just feels different in that part of the world. I grew up north of Bishop, Ca. but spent a lot of time in Nevada....visited Genoa....know cowboys and girls and cowboy musicians and poets. Thanks for the post. Joanne Lobeski Snyder

    ReplyDelete