Pages

Cowboy Poetry Weekend in Nevada

You'd think a person living in the West who's crazy for poetry and all things cowboy would have been to a cowboy poetry event by now. But no. They've never really intersected for me. That's about to change. A friend and I are going to the fledgling Genoa Cowboy Poetry and Music Festival in Nevada this coming weekend. I don't know if we have to write poetry or be musical ourselves. (Should I be working on something, I wonder?) I do know I'm looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere of both, and to the food, and to the demonstrations (I could learn silversmithing! or saddlemaking!) and to the sight of all those cowboy boots. What can I bring you back?

7 comments:

  1. I suppose a cowboy is out of the question? Ah, well -I'll settle for pictures of cowboys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already have a cowboy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curse this middle-age forgetfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee-cay-yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something older than dirt...all the surface dirt is new...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey - haven't visited in a while - nice new look... enjoy the degrees - you know it's gonna be too hot to breathe here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for checking back in, draganbanriona. I know you're right about the weather. I already have all the windows open. :)

    ReplyDelete