Pages

Less static, more music

Over at Food for Thought: A News Cafe, they're talking about contemporary musicians who inspire. My stars, the lists. It makes me think about how much great music I have. But when's the last time I just sat still and listened to the beautiful music I love?

Here are some who inspire me:
Emmylou Harris
Tracy Chapman
Melissa Etheridge
Francine Reed
Natalie Merchant
Sally Timms
Amy Ray
Emily Saliers
Sara Evans
Annie Lennox
Cat Power
Eliza Gilkyson
Judy Collins
Anjani Thomas
Nanci Griffith
Norah Jones
Bonnie Raitt
Linda Ronstadt
Diana Ross
Margo Timmons
Neko Case
Kelly Hogan
K.D. Lang
Shania Twain
Janis Joplin
Diana Ross
Alison Krauss
Patsy Cline
Dolly Parton
Cher
Jewel
Bette Midler
Joan Armatrading
Joani Mitchell
Sheryl Crow
Carole King
Sarah McLaughlin
Carly Simon
Michelle Branch
Stevie Nicks
Ryan Adams
Rhett Miller
Leonard Cohen
James McMurtry
Lyle Lovett
Otis Redding
George Jones
Bruce Springsteen
Billy Jo Shaver
Steve Gillette
Eric Clapton
Dwight Yoakam
Alan Jackson
Charley Pride
Hank Williams

1 comment:

  1. I would highly recommend M Ward, his album "Post War" particularly. Great list!

    ReplyDelete