Pages

particle acceleration

these two weeks
my car dies twice
so does the pool jet-vac
and the dvd box
then
his car tries
to eat the ignition key
coachmaster calls
to say you missed
your appointment.
and
one boy has a root canal
and four wisdom teeth out
plus gets clobbered by a thug
and
the dad gets mad
at this and that
fussy fussy fussy
breaks his own toe
so
don't you know
for two days
they are
the bruise brothers.
the solstice witches up
rainstorms
thunderbolts
lightning strikes
crisp, crackly wildfires
sly, sinewy smoke
harshing our buzz
now
my house smells like
a rainbow family campsite.
the gloom
suffocates us
tim russert
vanishes
so does our
grandma gladys,
wtf
george carlin too.
our youngest, glum,
calls death lame.
even elvis the dog
doesn't feel so good.
cheerful company arrives
for
waterfall trip
church tour
pesto dinner
friends who create
desserts and magic.
they trick us
into having fun
while
we aren't looking.
thank the stars.
we laugh
tell family stories
toast to health
and safe home
in no danger of fire.
no complaints, no, sir
books to read
time to write
love to grow
neko on the stereo.
grateful, restored
stronger for the break
yet
things look strange
in this milky orange half-light
so
ashes to ashes
dust we must
we rise and turn
to admit
a shift in the spirit world.

11 comments:

  1. My Gawd, Woman, yer mojo is workin!
    The solstice is witchin and harshing my buzz, my house does smell like a campsite after I pour the dishwater on the fire, the gloom is suffocating... oppressive, and still, my friends do trick me into having fun and I got no complaints.
    Thanks for so stunningly articulating what were only wispy vaporous remnants of my mental conflagrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Now it's your turn. I'll be waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, WR. I am trying to be as eloquent as you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late to this post, but so glad I followed Bruce's urging to find it and read it. What a treasure of emotion-charged words. Thank you. xod

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could articulate as well as you do what I think. And it appears you have been in my flipflops for the past two weeks or so.

    Now, that's a little witchy all by itself.

    Ginger (I have trouble remembering my blogger password, so lazily I post as anonymous.)

    ReplyDelete