Pages

Lisa Lutz and 'The Spellman Files'

If you haven't read Lisa Lutz's "The Spellman Files" from 2007, have I got a treat for you. This funny novel is about a family of private investigators who really get on one another's nerves. It reminds me of the Janet Evanovich series of Stephanie Plum stories, but it's better, richer, longer, deeper and funnier. Also, it's not a mystery, although there are twists and turns. Lisa Lutz has a sure voice and an excellent editor -- a dynamite combination. Thanks for a terrific read, Ms. Lutz. It's been some time since I stayed up all night with a novel. Can't wait to get hold of the next one, "Curse of the Spellmans."

More about Lisa Lutz.

4 comments:

  1. I've read it and loved it. The sequel is by my bed-next in my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wrote down the name. Going shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for an idea for a next read. Been doing a bit lately.

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished The Curse of the Spellmans. It's just as good as Files. Lutz is so clever and witty. I loved the list of ex-boyfriends and their last words.

    ReplyDelete