Pages

Robben Ford, where've you been all my life?

The blues fan in my house is my husband. You name it, we've got it. I enjoy most of it, but it's not my regular habit. Some is just too sad. I have gently resisted his 22 years of teaching me to love the blues.

Friday night we went to the concert at the Cascade Theatre, and mightily enjoyed John Mayall and the Blues Breakers, Eric Bibb and Robben Ford.

I've always liked Mayall, and he was terrific despite a sound-system problem. Eric Bibb was new to me, and so delightfully good.

But OH MY STARS Robben Ford. I'm stricken.

Where has that long-haired, sly-smiling, cowboy-boot-wearing kicking-blues-guitar-master been all my life?

Right there in your stereo cabinet for the last 10 years, my husband points out dryly.

_________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment